Join Mountain SOL for a summer of unforgettable outdoor adventures! Check out the details about all our classes through our new Enrollment Portal!
|6/12 – 6/15||M-Th||1pm-4pm||Woodland Role-Playing||5th-12th||MLA|
|6/12 – 6/15||M-Th||9am-12pm||Fire Building||5th-12th||MLA|
|6/12 – 6/15||M-Th||1pm-4pm||Camp Cooking||5th-12th||MLA|
|6/17||Sa||12pm-9pm||Summer Solstice Celebration!||All ages||CRP|
|6/19 – 6/22||M-Th||9am-12pm||Fishing||2nd-12th||CRP|
|6/19 – 6/22||M-Th||1pm-4pm||Whittling and Carving||5th-12th||CRP|
|6/19 – 6/22||M-Th||9am-4pm||Hamping||5th-12th||CRP|
|6/23 – 6/24||F-Sa||4pm-10am||Hampout||5th-12th||CRP|
|6/26 – 6/29||M-Th||9am-4pm||Navigation||5th-12th||Cooper’s|
|Summer Camp BREAK|
|7/10 – 7/13||M-Th||9am-12pm||Flow Arts||5th-12th||MLA|
|7/10 – 7/13||M-Th||1pm-4pm||Forest Fitness||5th-12th||MLA|
|7/17 – 7/20||M-Th||9am-4pm||Forts and Wildery||2nd-5th||MLA|
|7/24 – 7/27||M-Th||9am-4pm||Geocaching||5th-12th||Cooper’s|
If you are new to Mountain SOL, please review these notes about how our Summer Camps work!
- We offer traditional Summer Camp classes that run for 4 days, Monday through Thursday. Some workshops are Half Day Camps, which either run 9am-12pm OR 1pm-4pm, and other workshops are Full Day Camps which run 9am-4pm. You can sign up for two matched Half Day Camps to build a Full Day camp. Our Mountain SOL Staff will provide a free lunch hour between 12pm and 1pm for all students who are signed up for two Half Day Camps.
- You can see all our class dates and times on our Mountain SOL Calendar.
- Our Summer Camps are generally organized into two age groups: Rising 2nd-5th grade and Rising 5th-12th grade. These age groups are designed to accommodate a range of child maturity, so please use your judgement to determine if your 5th grader would be a better fit with the younger age group or the older age group. These ages are not a hard cutoff, so if you have a student who is on the edge of the recommended age group for a class they want to take, send us an email at [email protected].
- Our classes are held at three different locations depending on the week: Morgantown Learning Academy, Cooper’s Rock, or Chestnut Ridge Park and Campground.
- Please make sure to be on time, because most of our summer camp groups will be hiking to a secondary location. If you have special timing needs, please send a message to the summer camp teachers and they will do their best to work around your needs.
- We do offer a small handful of Adult Classes! Our Adult Classes will also be available through our Enrollment Portal.
- Our mother school, Morgantown Learning Academy, also offers many wonderful Summer Day Camp options, check them out here!
- We are delighted to be able to offer all of our campers one FREE TSHIRT!! These are our good soft t-shirts, which have a $20 value.
Half-day workshops starting at $125 each
Full-day workshops starting at $225 each
2 matched Half Day Camps: automatic discount of $225 together
Sign up for 4 or more summer camps to receive a 10% discount on everything!
- Ages 7 and up. Unfortunately we cannot accept students younger than 7 for insurance reasons.
- All of our workshops are designed to cover a wide age range, and will provide different challenges for the age groups (or skill groups) where appropriate, so all of our students are challenged and engaged. We believe that it is socially healthy to mix students of all levels and ages where we can, to promote a team that works together with all of our unique skills!
- Our summer camps require a minimum number of campers to run, so please help us fill workshops by recruiting your child’s friends to join them in their summer outdoor adventures!
- Please note that we do offer scholarships on a need basis. Please refer to our scholarship page for all our scholarship information!
- We are a peanut free school. Please do not send peanuts, peanut butter or products processed in a plant with peanuts!
Please enjoy our new Enrollment Portal, where you can see details for all our summer classes and figure out which workshops you want to enroll in!
Cheat Mountain Workshops:
This is Mountain SOL’s most advanced class. Each summer Mountain SOL hosts the Cheat Mountain Skills and Scouts camps, where students of varying skill levels travel to our Cheat Mountain campus in Randolph County to practice survival skills, such as map-reading, fire-making and shelter-building, in the Monongahela National Forest. Our Cheat Mountain campus provides a unique environment where students can fully immerse themselves in a true wilderness setting!
Skills I is the entry level class. Some students with more woods experience may be able to place into Skills II with instructor permission. Scouts is an advanced class and is invitation only. All applicants for Cheat Mountain should fill out an application to help us place students in the appropriate class.
If your student already has advanced sur-thrival skills (at minimum must have camping experience and personal maturity) and you think Cheat Mountain may be a good fit for them, please send us an email at [email protected].