Mountain SOL™ is excited to announce our 2020 Summer Workshop Schedule!
Mountain SOL accepts registrations until workshops are full
Please use our newly organized pages to see which workshops you or your child can sign up for!
- Workshops start the week of June 8 and end the week of August 17
Half-day workshops run Monday – Thursday (except where noted)
Full-day workshops run Monday – Thursday (except where noted)
- Half-day workshops: $105 each
Full-day workshops: $175 each
2 half-day workshops in the same week: $175 together
Sign up for 4 or more workshops and receive a 10% discount!
- Optional Lunch Hour: $20/week for campers if needed. This is from 12 to 1 and would allow for supervision of your critter with a packed lunch from home. Lunch hour is free if you sign up for a morning class and an afternoon class during the same week!
- Ages 5 & up
- If campers are close to the age range for a workshop they want to take, please send us an email ([email protected]) and we might be able to get them in the workshop
- Please note that we do offer scholarships on a need basis. Please email us for more information.
All workshops held on the campus of Morgantown Learning Academy (MLA), unless otherwise noted. Map for MLA. Students can enroll in Mountain SOL workshops only, or in conjunction with the MLA summer camp program (separate enrollments required). Learn more about MLA summer camp.
Our workshops cover a wide age range. Any workshop that has multiple age groups will provide different challenges for the age groups where appropriate, so everyone stays engaged. We also believe that it is good to mix students of all levels and ages if we can, to promote a team that works together with all our unique skills! NOTE: Workshops require a minimum number of campers! Help us fill workshops by recruiting your child’s friends to join them in their summer outdoor adventures!
We are a peanut free school. Please do not send peanuts, peanut butter or products processed in a plant with peanuts!
Cheat Mountain Workshops: Each summer Mountain SOL hosts students of varying skill levels to travel to our Cheat Mountain campus in Randolph County to practice survival skills, such as map-reading, fire-making and shelter-building, in the Monongahela National Forest. Our Cheat Mountain campus provides a unique environment where students can fully immerse themselves in a true wilderness setting!
Skills I is the entry level class. Some students with more woods experience may be able to place into Skills II with instructor permission. Scouts is an advanced class and is invitation only. All applicants for Cheat Mountain should fill out an application to help us place students in the appropriate class.
See the “2020 Summer Workshops – Older Kids” page for more information, or apply for Cheat Mountain here: Cheat Mountain Application